Mix the chia seeds with the coconut milk and water. Put the mixture into a covered container and set aside in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
Chop the banana into small pieces and place in the freezer overnight.
Once frozen, transfer the banana into a blender along with the macadamia paste and greek yogurt,blend until smooth, if needed use a dash of milk to help loosen the mixture. You should end up with a semi-frozen yoghurt consistency.
Spoon the chia pudding into serving dishes, and follow with the smoothie.
Garnish decoratively with the coconut flakes, banana slices, chia seeds and the chopped macadamias.
Recipe by Royal Nut Company.
- 80g/ 1 cup chia seeds Add to basket
- 250g/ 1 cup coconut milk Add to basket
- 125ml/ ½ cup water
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp/50g macadamia paste Add to basket
- 80g or 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 80g or 1/3 cup milk or non-dairy milk such as soy or almond milk
- 15g/ 1 Tbsp coconut flakes Add to basket
- 125g/ 1 medium banana, sliced
- 25g/ ¼ cup macadamias chopped Add to basket
- 10g/ 1 Tbsp chia seeds Add to basket
Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc.