- Place nuts into the food processor with cacao (or cocoa) and blend until the mix looks crumbly.
- Slowly melt the coconut oil and rice malt syrup over a gentle heat then add to nut mixture in food processor.
- Add dates, desiccated coconut and vanilla extract then process again until the mix comes together.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup of water as you go to ensure the mixture is soft. You may need a little more or less, depending upon consistency.
- Roll in coconut and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks until you feel like a snack or meal on the run.
Thank you to the talented Melinda Cook for this yummy recipe.
- 150 grams:
- - almonds Add to basket
- - or macadamia nuts Add to basket
- - or a mix of both for extra deliciousness
- (Nut free version use 100 grams pumpkin seeds and 100 grams sunflower seeds)
- 30 grams desiccated coconut Add to basket
- 2 tlbsp organic coconut oil Add to basket
- 16 pitted dates Add to basket
- (soak in water beforehand for best results)
- 2 tlbsp raw cacao Add to basket
- 1 tlbsp rice syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extra Add to basket
- ¼ to ½ cup of water
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
Macadamias have a similar amount of healthy monounsaturated fats as olive oil. These fats are needed for optimal heart health and general vitality.