Blend the dates, puffed quinoa, cacao and coconut in a food processor until the mixture resembles bread crumbs and there are no large pieces of dates left.
Place the mixture into a large bowl and add the nut butter and protein powder(if using) mixing until everything is well combined, if needed add more water.
Portion into 12 balls using your hands.
Lightly wet your hands and roll the balls in the chopped almonds, cacao nibs, goji berries and sesame seeds, and store in the fridge until needed. They last for about 7 days.
Recipe by Royal Nut Company.
- 320g/⅔ cup fresh medjool dates, deseeded Add to basket
- 40g/ ½ cup rolled oats * Add to basket
- 50g/ ½ cup oat bran* Add to basket
- 45g/ ½ cup desiccated coconut Add to basket
- 30g/ ¼ cup raw cacao powder Add to basket
- 300g/ ½ cup Almond/ Almond and Chia butter Add to basket
- a little water to mix if needed
- ½ cup chopped almonds Add to basket
- ½ cup raw cacao nibs Add to basket
- ½ cup sesame seeds Add to basket
- ½ cup goji berries Add to basket
- 30g protein powder (optional) Add to basket
- * as a gluten free option you can replace the rolled oats and oat bran with 50g/ 1 cup puffed quinoa Add to basket
Energy balls are an easy, quick and delicious snack.