LINDY’S SUPERFOOD BLISS BALLS
- 150 grams:
- - almonds
- - or macadamia nuts
- - or a mix of both for extra deliciousness (Nut free version use 100 grams pumpkin seeds and 100 grams sunflower seeds
- 30 grams desiccated coconut
- 2 tlbsp organic coconut oil
- 16 pitted dates (soak in water beforehand for best results)
- 2 tlbsp raw cacao
- 1 tlbsp rice syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extra
- ¼ to ½ cup of water
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
Macadamias have a similar amount of healthy monounsaturated fats as olive oil. These fats are needed for optimal heart health and general vitality.
– Place nuts into the food processor with cacao (or cocoa) and blend until the mix looks crumbly.
– Slowly melt the coconut oil and rice malt syrup over a gentle heat then add to nut mixture in food processor.
– Add dates, desiccated coconut and vanilla extract then process again until the mix comes together.
– Add ¼ to ½ cup of water as you go to ensure the mixture is soft. You may need a little more or less, depending upon consistency.
– Roll in coconut and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks until you feel like a snack or meal on the run.
Thank you to the talented Melinda Cook for this yummy recipe.